Depression Psychiatrists and Treatments Corona, CA
As the National Institute of Mental Health reports, depression is one of the most common mental health conditions affecting Americans including adults, children, and adolescents. our providers can identify the warning signs of depression to determine the appropriate individualized treatment for every patient. Call Allied Healers or use the online booking tool to schedule an appointment today.
Depression Q & A
What is depression?
- Depression is a mental health condition that can interfere with your mood, self-esteem, and overall quality of life. Many individuals with depression experience bouts of sadness, hopelessness, and feelings of worthlessness.
- While depression is primarily mental and emotional, it can also cause physical symptoms, such as fatigue. Seeking treatment as soon as you notice changes to your mood or behavior is the best way to prevent depression symptoms from worsening.
What are the symptoms of depression?
- Depression affects everybody differently. Some individuals experience mild symptoms that resolve with time, while others struggle to carry out their daily routines. The most common signs of depression include:
- Lost interest in once-loved activities
- Low self-esteem
- Increased or decreased appetite
- Weight loss or gain
- Thoughts of suicide
- Slowed speech
- Many people with long-term depression disconnect from their loved ones and self-isolate. If you’re experiencing symptoms of depression, the team can create the appropriate treatment plan for you at Allied Healers.
- Nearly anybody can experience depression, regardless of their life circumstances. While there’s no single cause of depression, chemicals in the brain may contribute to its symptoms. Other risk factors for depression include stress, low self-esteem, trauma, neglect or abuse, and genetics — depression tends to run in families.
What is the treatments of depression?
- Effectively treating depression can be a long process involving psychotherapy (talk therapy) and medication.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is the most common type of psychotherapy to treat depression. CBT aims to identify and change your reaction to negative thoughts to develop constructive coping mechanisms.
- Antidepressants are non-habit-forming medications used to treat the symptoms of depression. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) is the first line group of antidepressants used to treat depression. There are many other medications that can be used. Find more about depression treatment by contacting Allied Healers to schedule an appointment.